Saturday 18 October 2014


THAYIR SADAM RECIPE| BAGALABATH

A perfect south Indian meal will never end up without this simple curd rice. Even whenever we have potluck with our friends, apart from whatever i make the job of making curd rice is usually assigned to me only. And i can happily say all the kids of my dear friends love my curd rice. I thought of posting this recipe of how to make curd rice for a long time but somehow it got postponed. So under the request of all my friends i am posting this thayir sadam recipe. 

INGREDIENTS(SERVES 2-3)
RICE(UNCOOKED)1/2 CUP
MILK1 CUP
YOGURT |CURD1 CUP
SALTAS NEEDED
OIL1 TSP
MUSTARD SEEDS1/2 TSP
ASAFOETIDA1/4 TSP
GREEN CHILLI1
CURRY LEAVESFEW
CORIANDER LEAVESFEW
CASHEW NUT(OPTIONAL)FEW
  • Pressure Cook the rice by adding 1 and 1/2 cup of water.
  • When done mash the rice nicely with the back of the spoon.
  • When it is slightly warm add milk to this. I usually add the cold milk but if you want you can add warm milk too.
  • Mash it nicely and mix it up nicely with the rice. I feel clean hands will do this job perfectly
  • When it is completely cool add the yogurt to this and mix it up smoothly without any lumps. Add salt to this.
  • Heat a pan, add oil and throw in the mustard seeds and add the chopped green chilli, curry leaves asafoetida and lastly the coriander leaves.
  • Ensure that the coriander leaves and curry leaves are chopped finely. Chop the green chilli into big pieces. I will discard this after mixing with rice.
  • Add this to the curd rice.
  • Mix it well and take out the green chillies. If you wish you can temper with some grated ginger too.
  • Serve it with any pickle of your choice.
  • my daughter love morr milagai

No comments:

Post a Comment