Tuesday 4 October 2016

An Exquisite Buffet - Seven Kitchens - The St. Regis Mumbai Lower Parel · Fine Dining





Haven't got the chance to dine their but they were on my wish-list for a while. An exclusive luxury hotel that focuses and serves pure vegetarian AND non-vegeterian food, with seven different dining setup:  - And the travel bloggers meet came along the way and I was with fellow food travel bloggers to enjoy the food experience.

They have a huge parking space for themselves (that isn't part of the mall). And the restaurant Entree is located near the lobby. 


The decor was neat and the color combinations used were pleasing to our eye-sight; though couldn't spot anything unique the dining space is simple and well-maintained.



After meeting the chefs, greeting and sipping through the welcome drink; we settled down to enjoy the buffet spread along with the chefs who conceptualized and presented the food. The spread was vast both veg and non-veg, i prefered vegetarian food. Here's my take on everything on the buffet:


There buffet spread keeps changing every day. Here's the food that I tasted.

Soup & Starters: They were served on our table.

MUSHROOM   Soup – It was good but more spice could have been added to the soup.



Salad Spread


 Salad is never my pick when it comes to eating .. But I did taste every salad; I loved the Aloo Chaat, and Pesto  Salad.


I loved the Aloo Chaat, and Pesto  Salad. Being a chennaiwala by default I liked the 'PAANI  PURI . Aloo and pesto SALAD  tasted great; the flavors used were spot-on. 




Main Course - A big list. And Let me try to fit in everything spread over the buffet.
DAHI WADA - Favorite. Tasted great; tangy-spicy outer crisp was the best.
 Veg Dumpling - Good, the sauce was good with fried-rice and noodles.
 Fried Rice - The rice tasted good 
Veg Hakka Noodles - The noodles flavor were spot-on but they were unevenly cooked and made it tough to eat.



Veg Biriyani - Good! And Yum.
Pasta in Alfredo Sauce - Favorite again. This was one of the best pasta I have tasted in the recent times.



Country Vegetable - Good! But with so many good dishes I really couldn't find the need for this.


Gravies:  Sabzi, Paneer Butter Masala, Baingan , PALAK, ALOO, MIXED VEGETABLE, 
 it was the best pick for the day. All the other gravies were good with the roti’s. Nothing much to complaint.




DESSERTS
The part of the buffet I love the most is 'Desserts'; as usual there were ample number of desserts. Surprisingly, I loved everything I ate! Yes, I am a DESSERT LOVER but still every sweet isn't going to impress me. But they are getting FULL MARKS on their dessert.


Mocha Panna Cotta, Kiwi Pastry, Mango Pastry, Strawberry Mousse and Kesari Bath were BRILLIANT - Tasted YUMMYYYYYYYYYYY.

Lava cake was good but could have been softer! 



The ice-creams and gulab jamun were match made in heaven.



Being a buffet spread, there isn’t much to comment about service. They did the job perfectly. The food variety were sumptuous considering a vegetarian spread.


Buffet, ample variety and good selection of vegetarian dishes.
eat how much ever you could. 
Buthe service is great. Pricing, definitely a good deal considering the variety.ALL IN ALL VALUE FOR MONEY....


1 comment: